is an authentically-restored Victorian B&B built in 1886, and
located in Silverton, Colorado. Reservations may be made by
telephone at (970)387-5520, or by clicking
here to send us an email inquiry.
Rooms range in price from $99 - $175 per night, and include:
full, family-style, traditional breakfast as well as healthy
choices such as almond milk, freshly ground whole grains, and fruits
Freshly ground coffee
- Ask for our elk sausage and special Wingate pancakes!
- Family-friendly and pet-friendly facilities and policies
- Lots of down comforters and down pillows on every bed and
featherbeds and high thread-count sheets available
- Extensive library and a
piano in the common area
- Antiques, original art and oriental rugs throughout the Inn
- Wrap-around porch with rocking chairs
- Three ski areas within .5 to 20 miles
- Easy walking distance to shopping, dining, theater and the Durango &
Silverton Narrow Gauge Train terminus
- Kohler jacuzzi for two with great views
- Satellite and DVD/VCR
The Wingate House is available as a private weekly rental, from $2200. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO ON THE WEEKLY
The B&B is a
dog-friendly environment, one of the few in
Silverton and the San Juan region. Two dogs live at the Inn,
and more find that they love to visit.
On occasion, our
overnight guests seek a place to graze large animals such horses or
llamas. The small meadow beside the inn is available for such
purposes upon request.
Owner Judy Graham has vast knowledge of
the San Juan Mountain range east of the Animas River, as well as the
backcountry surrounding Silverton. She is an excellent
informational resource for guests who desire to explore the
wilderness around our lovely town.